Full Campaign details including the Bike and Walking Count Totals and Feasibility Study
What we do
- City of Alameda and Oakland should support the feasibility study for a bicycle and pedestrian bridge in the Alameda Countywide Transportation Plan for the next round of funding.
- Advocate for the building of a bike & pedestrian bridge between West Alameda and Oakland.
- Bike Walk Alameda
- Bike East Bay
- College of Alameda
- Pedestrian Friendly Alameda
- Northside Neighborhood Network
- Alameda Open Space
- Alameda Point Collaborative
- Sierra Club, Northern Alameda County
- Waterfront Action
- Oakland Bicycle And Pedestrian Advisory Committee
- Alameda Sun
- Taylor Engineering Marina Village
- Councilmember Nancy Nadel
- Alameda County Supervisor Alice Lai-Bitker
- District 13 Representative Pete Stark
- August 15, 2011 New Posey Tube shuttle begins service (Oakland Tribune)
- August 10, 2011 Monday, Aug. 15 – New, free Estuary Crossing Shuttle starts service (Oakland Local)
- July 21, 2011 Estuary Crossing Shuttle to Improve connection between Alameda’s West End and Oakland/BART (Alameda Runners)
- June 20, 2011 West End Estuary Crossing Shuttle Coming in August (Patch)
- June 1, 2011 Estuary Crossing Shuttle – Coming late summer 2011 (BikeAlameda)
- Oct. 2009 Estuary Crossing Feasibility Study is finalized
- Jan. 27, 2009 Support is needed for estuary crossing
- Dec. 12, 2008 Estuary Crossing Campaign – What you can do right now!
- May 15, 2007 Want to Ride to Work, but the Estuary is in the Way?
- Mar. 27, 2007 City of Alameda awarded $100,000 for estuary crossing feasibility study
- Dec. 5, 2006 BikeAlameda counts bicyclists and pedestrians in the Posey Tube and Park Street Bridge
- Dec. 2006 BikeAlameda president, Lucy Gigli, interview on KQKE radio show
- Apr. 23, 2006 West End to Oakland Access Campaign Kick off!
- Sept. 12, 2006 West Alameda close to getting a water shuttle
- March 2004 Estuary Crossing ferry postponed indefinitely
- Jan. 16, 2004 Estuary crossing ferry to begin service