Thank you for helping us make 2017 a good year for Alamedans of all ages who like to bike and walk in our island city. Thanks to your support, all the volunteer hours, and the work of our board, we are celebrating accomplishments like these:
- Over 42 million dollars awarded in 2017 to Alameda for construction of transportation and transit project like Central Ave and Clement Ave complete streets, and connections to regional transit;
- Another 1,000+ happy riders on Bike to Work Day;
- Nearly a mile of pavement laid for the Cross Alameda Trail on Clement Ave and through Jean Sweeney Open Space Park;
- Bike share: 300 LimeBikes deployed at no cost to Alameda;
- City planners and consultants actively working with stakeholders on plans to deliver a bike and pedestrian bridge connecting Alameda’s West End to Downtown Oakland;
- Comprehensive, progressive transportation plan adopted by City Council.
We have much to be proud of, but change can be frustratingly slow in coming. Our streets still present unacceptable dangers to our most vulnerable road users. The avoidable collisions resulting in far too many injuries, and countless close calls that keep many afraid to leave the safety of their cars. In 2017, we doubled the size of our all-volunteer board. This will help us see many in-process projects through to a safe and satisfactory completion, and launch new initiatives to make 2018 even more successful for Bike Walk Alameda members and supporters.
Please consider making a tax deductible donation online at: bikewalkalameda.org/donate/
We appreciate your year-round support and send Season’s Greetings for a safe, happy and healthy new year!