Tonight’s the night! Tell the Alameda City Council you want a safer Central Avenue at their meeting tonight, which starts at 7 p.m. at City Hall, 2263 Santa Clara Avenue. Don’t forget to wear your biking brights! If you don’t want to speak, you can still attend – your presence alone will show the council that you want them to make Central a safer place for people who walk and bike. See you there!
The council will be implementing the same guidelines that they have for the rent meetings.
- There will be different color speaker cards available, one color for each, “for” and “against” the item and “neutral.”
- The council will hear 20 minutes of speakers from each side; with the “for” heard first since they are likely to have more children who need to go home earlier.
- Speakers will be given 2 minutes each.
- Speakers will be allowed to “cede” or give their time to other speakers with a maximum of two speakers ceding time to one speaker for no more than six minutes per speaker.
- Speakers ceding their time must turn in their speaker slips together and stand together at the podium.
IF YOU GO
City Council meeting
Wednesday, February 24 @ 7 p.m.
City Hall, 2263 Santa Clara Avenue
Pre-meeting pizza party
Wednesday, February 24 @ 6 p.m.
Linguini’s Pasta & Brew, 1506 Park Street